Re: Feature request: meta files & wildcards (once again)

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Feature request: meta files & wildcards (once again)
Date: 05 May 2002 23:26:07 -0600

>>>>> "Alex" == Alex Hornby <address@hidden> writes:

Alex> I suppose automake could be enhanced so that it automatically
Alex> knew which files are BUILT_SOURCES by looking back through the
Alex> suffix rules. Then the small overhead of listing them twice
Alex> would be removed.

BUILT_SOURCES are built early, before anything else happens.  It isn't
clear you always want this for sources that are built during the build
process.  (I don't have an example though.)

I know I've thought of it before, though, since this is in TODO:

* notice when a .c file is a target somewhere, and auto-add it to
    BUILT_SOURCES

Tom