RE: spam

From: Skip Montanaro
Subject: RE: spam
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 18:15:07 -0500

    Dan> IMHO the mailing list should reject messages from nonsubscribers.
    Dan> I thought it already did.

I agree, however I think the current stable version of Mailman (2.0.x)
currently only allows the list admin to hold messages, which then have to be
reviewed by a human.  I don't know if Mailman 2.1 allows nonsubscriber posts
to be rejected without human intervention or not.  Since the FSF folks seem
to want to manage all the @gnu.org lists themselves, perhaps they felt
having their admin(s) have to wade through all that crap was too big a
burden.

--
Skip Montanaro (address@hidden - http://www.mojam.com/)
"Excellant Written and Communications Skills required" - seen on chi.jobs