Re: make variables defined via include

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: Re: make variables defined via include
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 04:24:14 -0400

Thanks for the response.

> Sounds like you just hit the declaration-order-does-matter issue:

>  Harlan> Any ideas on how to fix the problem?
>
> Define your rules only once all involved variables are defined?

OK, is there a way to do this using automake that is clean?

I would prefer to avoid changing the current braindamage:

 AC_CONFIG_FILES($out_makefiles)

to this even worse braindamage:

 for mf in $out_makefiles
 do
   AC_CONFIG_FILES(${MF}:topfoo)
 done

where "topfoo" includes the variables.

Then again, it's been a Long Day and perhaps I'll think of something better
after I wake up.  Either that, or perhaps somebody else will think of
something better between now and then!