Re: automake and AC_CONFIG_FILES templates

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: automake and AC_CONFIG_FILES templates
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 11:04:40 +0200

>>> "Harlan" == Harlan Stenn <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

 Harlan> I was attempting to solve this problem using:

 Harlan> AC_CONFIG_FILES(Makefile:global-vars.mk:Makefile.in)

 Harlan> where "global-vars.mk" would handle fetching the
 Harlan> library dependency variable definitions first, followed
 Harlan> by the rest of the Makefile.in.

 Harlan> Unfortunately, automake 1.5 and 1.6.1b are unable to
 Harlan> determine that I want to have it convert Makefile.am to
 Harlan> Makefile.in using this style of AC_CONFIG_FILES()
 Harlan> specification.

Yep, Automake always assumes that the second argument
(global-vars.mk) is the template it must creates.
This sucks.  Maybe it should check each argument until
it finds a `.am' for it.

 Harlan> Suggestions?

AC_SUBST_FILE ?

--