shared vs static libraries

From: David Churches
Subject: shared vs static libraries
Date: 27 Jun 2002 10:44:40 +0100

Hi,

I have a problem where I have a code which compiles fine when I use
shared libraries, but it doesn't work when I use --disable-shared as an
argument to configure. The Makefile.am looks like

CXX = g++
bin_programs = SinglePipeline

SinglePipeline_SOURCES = SinglePipeline.cc
SinglePipeline_LDADD = $(top_builddir)/base/src/libgeoppbase.la\
                       $(top_builddir)/monitors/src/libgeoppmon.la

INCLUDES = -I$(top_builddir)/base/include\
           -I$(scrdir)/../include\
           -I$(scrdir)/../../monitors/include

How do you configure it so that the code looks for a .a rather then a
.la file when you compile with --disable-shared?

Thanks for any help you can give.

David Churches.