re-executing config commands

From: Schleicher Ralph (LLI)
Subject: re-executing config commands
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 14:37:03 +0200

automake (GNU automake) 1.6.2

My configure.ac contains the following lines of code:

AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR([foo.in])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([Makefile foo])
AC_CONFIG_COMMANDS([foo], [chmod +x foo])

At the end of the configure run, I get the messages

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating imrep
config.status: executing imrep commands

and the file imrep has execution permissions

$ ls -l imrep
-rwxr-x---    1 schleich bc           5580 Jul  5 14:16 imrep*

Up to now everything works as expected.  When I start editing imrep.in,
the next call of make updates imrep but does not re-execute the imrep
commands:

$ touch imrep.in
$ make
cd . && /bin/sh ./config.status imrep
config.status: creating imrep
$ ls -l imrep
-rw-r-----    1 schleich bc           5580 Jul  5 14:18 imrep

I consider this behavior as a bug.  I would expect that config.status
re-executes the configuration commands for imrep.

Thanks,

--
Ralph