Re: How to make Make make all my source files

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: How to make Make make all my source files
Date: 07 Jul 2002 15:55:59 -0600

>>>>> "Enrico" == Enrico Ng <address@hidden> writes:

I didn't see a response to this.

Enrico> I would like to have my Makefile (made from autoconf/automake)
Enrico> beable to just look at what files are in my source folder and
Enrico> compile all of them.

Right now you have to list the files all by name.
This particular feature has been the subject of much discussion; you
can search the list archives for more information.

I personally just populate _SOURCES once near the beginning of my
project (usually I write a fair amount of code before writing the
auto* infrastructure) using `ls' (in Emacs, C-u M-! ls *.[ch]).  Then
once it is set up, I just add new files to _SOURCES as I create them.
The overhead of this is pretty low.  I suppose a motivated person
could teach Emacs to do this automatically, yielding a low-tech IDE :-)

Tom