LDFLAGS problem when doing "make distcheck"

From: Stephen Torri
Subject: LDFLAGS problem when doing "make distcheck"
Date: 12 Jul 2002 11:36:17 -0500

I have my LDFLAGS variable set for a program as:

address@hidden@/src -lnestORB

This variable is being used in the directory nestORB/examples/Simple for
a binary program being compiled. If I run "make all" it works fine but
if I do "make distcheck" then the library libnestORB.la can't be found.
The reason is the way in which the @top_srcdir@ is being expanded. The
differences are:

"make all"  ../../src => (full) /home/torri/src/nestORB/src

"make distcheck" ../../src => (full)
/home/torri/src/nestORB/nestORB-0.51/src

The real path for the libnestORB.la when running "make distcheck" is:

/home/torri/src/nestROB/nestORB-0.51/=build/src

Is there something that I am doing wrong here? I do not want to declare
a bug if I am improperly using automake.

Stephen Torri