Re: Help neede with automake and Mesa 4.x

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Help neede with automake and Mesa 4.x
Date: 15 Jul 2002 00:18:31 -0600

Tom> Attached is the info I found in the gcc texinfo doc that
Tom> discusses this issue exactly...

What it is saying is that if you use gcj to link, and you see that
__gxx_personality_v0 is undefined, then you have a CNI file somewhere
that doesn't use #pragma GCC java_exceptions.  Or, to put it another
way, this symbol is only used by C++ exceptions, as properly written
CNI code will always use the Java exception routines.

Tom> So, this is a libtool problem and NOT a automake problem?

It is definitely not an automake problem.  Once you see `libtool
--mode=link g++' you know that the automake side of the equation is
ok.

Whether it is a libtool problem, I don't know.  I suspect so; I think
libtool ought not invoke gcc to link in this scenario.  However, a
definitive statement must come from the libtool developers.

Tom