Re: top-level Makefile required?

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: top-level Makefile required?
Date: 14 Aug 2002 10:14:53 -0600

>>>>> "Harlan" == Harlan Stenn <address@hidden> writes:

Harlan> Is it a bug or a feature that when using automake+autoconf
Harlan> there Must be a top-level Makefile?

Did this ever get resolved?  I'm just back from vacation; I read the
thread and it seemed to trail off at the end without resolution.  Was
Alexandre's suggestion about appending to configure.in in the test
case on target?

Anyway, this would be a bug.  There's no requirement for a top-level
Makefile (or that if one exists it be created by automake).

Tom