slow makefiles are getting even slower

From: Zdenek Kabelac
Subject: slow makefiles are getting even slower
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 23:47:12 +0200

Hello

Am I the only one who is noticing constant slowdown of makefile.am processing
Each new version goes slower and slower without any single reason.

Please checkout avifile project - it's getting soo slow that
I'm really starting to thing about throwing whole auto* stuff away.
(It's unreal - it takes almost as much time as the compilation
of the whole library - and the disk space taken by automakes and
various configaration and chaching file nearly equals to the rest of
the project size - it's really getting crazy - 9MB just for Makefiles...

Is there anyone in the auto* team who really cares about
the speed and to whom I could write my complains and ideas
who to get auto* in shape back again...

I've bad experience with list as mostly my email are lost in the
traffic so I'd really like to get in touch with the head developers
(if there are any)

bye

PS: I'm not signed to the list so please use Cc:
--
  .''`.    Zdenek Kabelac  address@hidden, users.sf.net, fi.muni.cz}
 : :' :          Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}