automake & Objective C

From: Matej Kosik
Subject: automake & Objective C
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 22:16:44 +0200

Hi,

I am writing a library written in `Objective C'
and I recetly realized that using `automake' would be
advantageous. I made some trivial experiments with it
and it seems to be working (I tried `C' source files).

I have put together some awful autoconf macros
cheking `Objective C' compiler's functionality.

Well, the problem I have is, that if now I try to
generate `Makefile.in' from `Makefile.am' for
any whatever simple objc program, automake
complains

    automake: objcprog/Makefile.am: Objective C source
    seen but `OBJC' not defined in `configure.ac'

Can somebody please tell me, what have I forgotten to do,
or (better) point me to some `Objective C'
program, which uses `autoconf', `automake' (`libtool'
eventually), so I can perpaps figure out the magic
I have forgotten to spell.

I use: Debian GNU/Linux 3.0,
(automake-1.4-p4, autoconf-2.53)

thanks in advance.