Re: i want to use linker ld with libtool on hpux

From: Schleicher Ralph (LLI)
Subject: Re: i want to use linker ld with libtool on hpux
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 17:28:43 +0200

"Kremp, Johannes" <address@hidden> writes:

> my binaries are linked against shared libraries. but when move this
> libraries in another directory and write this new dirctory in the
> environment variable SHLIB_PATH the binary does not find the
> libraries.

That's HP-UX magic.  ;-)

> my libtool use the compiler cc to link the binaries.  but the linker
> ld has the flags '+s' to force the binary to look into the directories
> listing in SHLI_PATH.

Only for "dynamic" shared libs, not "static" shared libs.

> i think then can i set '+s' to the LDFLAGS of my binaries, isn't it?

No, you can fix that only by running chatr.  I've reported this
libtool bug (and provided at patch) in March this year.  Go to
the libtool mailing list archive and read the thread "libtool
misfeature on HP-UX".

You can fix all libtool linked libraries on your system with the
following script: