grub-0.92 and CVS automake...

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: grub-0.92 and CVS automake...
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 03:42:13 -0400

Sorry if this is lame, but it's been a Long Day and I'm wasted.

It looks like grub-0.92 has Difficulty with ac-2.54 and am-CVS.

The problem is that grub likes the "old style" of AS rules, and current
automake/autoconf Really Want grub to use AM_PROG_AS.  Making this change
means asm.S no longer assembles because of missing -I directives.  After
adding them, the resulting asm.o (apparently) has extra/duplicate symbols,
so the final link fails.

This is from memory, and my memory is a bit fuzzy because I'm multi-tasking
several windows with different versions of software in them (and, as I said,
I'm tired).