Re: Problem with 'make distcheck'

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Problem with 'make distcheck'
Date: 26 Sep 2002 23:23:23 -0600

>>>>> "Sebastian" == Sebastian Huber <address@hidden> writes:

Sebastian> ok, changing `$(top_srcdir)' to `..' fixed the problem, but
Sebastian> is this a temporay workaround or is the behaviour of the
Sebastian> dist rule not correct in this case? To use $(top_srcdir)
Sebastian> instead of '..' seems more natural to me.

I doubt we'll change this.  The fix would require rewriting the
_SOURCES variable inside Automake.  In general we avoid that sort of
thing.

You could write:

    top_dir = ..
    foo_SOURCES = $(top_dir)/foo.c