Re: making a package install in a nonconventional dir

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: making a package install in a nonconventional dir
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 12:46:01 +0100

>>> "miki" == miki shapiro <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

 miki> How do I kindly ask automake (in Makefile.am) to install
 miki> mypackage_PROGRAMS, mypackage_LIBRARIES, et cetra - into one directory -
 miki> /opt/mypackage for instance

mypackagedir = /opt/mypackage

It's probably best that you use bin_PROGRAMS, lib_PROGRAMS, or
similar standard directories, and let the user relocate these
directory where (s)he wants using
  ./configure --bindir=/opt/mypackage --libdir=/opt/mypackage ...

Not everybody has/wants `/opt' on his system.

Here is the doc about the custom *dir variables:

--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz