Disabling dependency tracking - how?

From: miki . shapiro
Subject: Disabling dependency tracking - how?
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 14:21:12 +0200

Hi all!

For the protocol, I'm using am-1.7 and ac-2.54.

Is there a way to avoid using the dynamically-generated list of make
subrules (for every seperate object file) and simply have automake generate
a static list inside Makefile.in (that will be later copied into the
project's makefile)?

I (*think* that I) want it to crash miserably when missing header files,
and not work around that (This is a commercial project).

Also, I looked inside this autogenerated rule (in .deps/cppfilename.Po) ,
for some reason automake sticks all 40 header files in the rule. Why?
AFAIK, it's not mandatory to mention them during compilation (The C
preprocessor fits their contents in either way). Is there an advantage I am
not aware of in doing it so?

Thanks!

--
Miki Shapiro <address@hidden>
Coder - Unixophile - Boarder - Quake God

The content of this email and any attachments are confidential and intended
for the named recipient(s) only.

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately.
Do not disclose the content of this message or make copies.

This email was scanned by eSafe Mail for viruses, vandals  and other
malicious content.