Re: Compiler flags

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: Compiler flags
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 01:49:20 +0100

This is an autoconf.at.gnu.org  question...

Michael Lemke wrote:
Today I've been trying to learn automake&autoconf.  Something I can't
figure out although it is the main reason I am investigating automake:

How do I set compiler flags based on the compiler? For example, g77 requires -fdollar-ok but Sun Fortran won't like that. How can I handle
that?  How much does automake know about such problems?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Michael

check at configure-time if the compiler supports the option.
Just try_compile and do not use if the test fails. That's it.

http://ac-archive.sf.net/guidod/ac_check_cc_opt.html