Re: making script executable?

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: making script executable?
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 18:05:11 +0100

>>> "mcmahill" == mcmahill  <address@hidden> writes:

 mcmahill> I have a shell script which I want to run as part of
 mcmahill> a testsuite.  However when I do a 'make distcheck'
 mcmahill> this script [...] ends up with execute permissions
 mcmahill> turned off.

How does this happen?

Automake uses many shell scripts in its test suite.  They are
all executable and they don't lose their permission bits during
distcheck (AFAIK).

Automake doesn't use `chmod +x' nor `$(SHELL)'.  Anyway these
would be just workarounds, the real problem is why your script
lose its executable bit, not how to set it back.
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz