Building application on Mac OS X with automake

From: Paul F. Kunz
Subject: Building application on Mac OS X with automake
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 16:09:02 -0800

   I have an application based on Qt that I build with automake on
Linux and other UNIX platforms.   Now I'm attempting to build it on
Mac OS X.   After I upgrade to libtool 1.4.3, I can build the
application, even with older version of autoconf and automake.
However, the applicatons's main window doesn't become the active
window and its menus don't show on the Mac Menu bar.   I think it is
because the applicaiton has be packaged in a certain way and producing
just an execuatable is not sufficient.   Looking at Qt's examples
makefile shows that this seems to be true.

   My question is whether somebody has worked out what needs to be
done using automake.   I can probably do it myself, but if it has
already been done so much the better.