Re: Automake 1.7.2b uploaded (beta for 1.7.3)

From: Robert Boehne
Subject: Re: Automake 1.7.2b uploaded (beta for 1.7.3)
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 02:27:04 -0600

Alexandre,

Ok, I have Automake 1.7.2b, Autoconf 2.57, Texinfo 4.2 (also tried 4.5)
Make 3.79.1 and bash 2.05a.0(1)-release.  I removed everything
in my libtool directory but the top-level "CVS" directory, then
did an update to get current cvs.  ./bootstrap && ./configure \
--prefix=/net/testme && make && make install
make uninstall
ls -alR /net/testme/

and I get exactly the same result, the same files left over.
So to answer your question directly, these files are installed
by "make install", which is run as a dependency of distcheck.
Any ideas why this is happening?  I began to look into this
problem because another maintainer has not been able to run
"make distcheck" since he abandoned a much older Automake.
Let me know if I can provide more information.

Thanks,

Robert