Re: Stupid problem: how to specify the directory for .h files?

From: Jean-Guillaume Paradis (LMC)
Subject: Re: Stupid problem: how to specify the directory for .h files?
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 09:03:25 -0500

Well I finally managed to solve my problem

I changed this
 %.o:  %.cpp %.h
        $(CC) $(DEFINED) -c $(INCLUDES)  $< -o $@

to this
 %.o:  %.cpp
        $(CC) $(DEFINED) -c $(INCLUDES)  $< -o $@

The %.h dependency made automake search for the .h files in the current directory...  Although this worked with the old Makefiles (non Automake).

The $(DEFINED) flag is a bunch of -D preprocessor flags. Is there a way to let automake do the compilation of the various .o files using these flags but without specifying the explicit rule?

Thanks for the various tips Simon , I understand Automake better now :)

Jean-Guillaume