Re: Archives and/or Java

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: Archives and/or Java
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 22:41:48 +0100

>>> "Simon" == Simon Richter <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

 >> (*) I'm assuming _LIBRARIES and _LTLIBRARIES have been merged
 >> first.

 Simon> ... since jars would be an exception then, since they
 Simon> are not built with libtool as all other libraries are.

Sorry, the plan is *not* to always use Libtool!  There will
still be two kinds for libraries: `*.la' and `*.a'.  The former
should be built with libtool and the second without.  The sole
difference is that we decide what to do based on the suffix,
rather than the _PRIMARY.  This gives room for handling other
suffixes.

[...]

--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz