Re: libtool integration question/issue

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: libtool integration question/issue
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 16:47:25 +0100

>>> "Pavel" == Pavel Hlavnicka <address@hidden> writes:

 Pavel> Hi all,
 Pavel> I have a small touble with libtool 1.4.2 and automake 1.6 on my RH 8.0
 Pavel> box. Everything I use is installed from vanilla packages.

 Pavel> I noticed a couple of people complaining about ltmain.sh is not added
 Pavel> to required files (a warning is issued).

Libtool files can be installed with libtoolize.  Automake's
--add-missing option will only add files that are shipped with
Automake.

autoreconf (from recent Autoconf versions) can call all of these
tools for you.

[...]

 Pavel> a) is it a result of non-perfect installation, e.g. should be here
 Pavel> some links from automake libdir to liboolt libdir?

no, see above

 Pavel> b) what versions of config.guess and config.sub should be used?

any, or the more recent if you really care (check ./config.guess -t).
You can also fetch new versions from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/config/

 Pavel> (particulary, is there something libtool specific in files delivered
 Pavel> with libtool?)

no

 Pavel> c) shouldn't the handle_libtool procedure save the $libdir value and
 Pavel> store the libtool library path into it temporarily?
 Pavel> (yes, but where this value should come from... ?)

nah, it's libtoolize's job
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz