automake and using an unsupported compiler

From: Michael Obster
Subject: automake and using an unsupported compiler
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:14:04 +0100

Hi,

i have a little problem with autoconf/automake.

i want to compile a program with the command:
fdpl -g -o program -main ownmain.c program.fdpl

ownmain.c is a normal c file.
program.fdpl is fdpl language

how can i get this compiled with automake. bin_PROGRAMS or s.th. like that did not work for me, because program is completely linked by the fdpl compiler himself. a target definition .fdpl.o: gives me only objectnames and not the wanted output name.

first i need a solution for compiling *.fdpl files to binfiles. second i need to know how i can switch off the linking procedure.

i hope you can help me. otherwise i must try imake :-(

Regards,
Michael