Re: Question about include makefile

From: Giuseppe Greco
Subject: Re: Question about include makefile
Date: 13 Mar 2003 20:56:39 +0100

On Sun, 2003-03-09 at 19:59, Alexandre Duret-Lutz wrote:
>>> "Giuseppe" == Giuseppe Greco <address@hidden> writes:

 Giuseppe> Hi all,
 Giuseppe> I wrote an Include makefile containing
 Giuseppe> Autoconf statements like EXTRA_DIST, SUBDIRS, etc.

 Giuseppe> Well, when I include the makefile above into another
 Giuseppe> makefile, Automake doesn't set these variables...

Hi Giuseppe,

What do you mean by "doesn't set"?  Could you explain what you got,
how you got it, and what you expected?
I've written a makefile named automake.mk which contains the following
statements:

MAINTAINERCLEANFILES = \
aclocal.m4 \
configure \
install-sh \
Makefile.in \
missing \
mkinstalldirs \
confdefs.h \
$(PACKAGE)-$(VERSION).tar.gz

DISTCLEANFILES = \
$(PACKAGE)-$(VERSION).tar.gz

Then, I've written a Makefile.am like this:

## Makefile.am
##
##   description   : File to be processed with 'automake'
##                   to produce 'Makefile.in'.
##   begin         : July 1, 2002
##   author        : Giuseppe Greco

SUBDIRS = \
src

all-local: html pdf ps

include $(zt_automake_mk)

zt_automake_mk is just a variale set to
/usr/local/share/z-tools/makefiles/automake.mk.

Well, after running libtoolize, aclocal, automake,
and autoconf, the variables set in automake.mk
have no effects; for instance, when I issue the
command make maintainer-clean, the files listed
in MAINTAINERCLEANFILES are not removed.

On the other side, if I put the statement contained
in makefile.mk directly in my Makefile.ma, all works
fine...

That is it!

Gius_.

[...]