example of DEJATOOL being a list of names

From: Jonah Graham
Subject: example of DEJATOOL being a list of names
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 11:42:44 -0500 (EST)

Does anyone have an example of how to get DEJATOOL to be a list of names.
In particular I am trying to do what is discussed in this message:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/bug-automake/2000/msg00116.html

When I try setting DEJATOOL to multiple names, the resulting Makefile looks
correct (it loops over the list) but a site.exp is still generated from
this line in Makefile.in:
        @echo 'set tool $(DEJATOOL)' >>site.tmp
with this in the site.exp file
        set tool proga progb

When I try make check I get "WARNING: could not find `runtest'". If I try
just running runtest --version I get this:

ERROR: tcl error sourcing /cygdrive/q/experiments/build/site.exp.
wrong # args: should be "set varName ?newValue?"
    while compiling
"set tool proga progb"
    (file "/cygdrive/q/experiments/build/site.exp" line 4)
    invoked from within
"source /cygdrive/q/experiments/build/site.exp"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 source /cygdrive/q/experiments/build/site.exp"
    invoked from within
"catch "uplevel #0 source $file""

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jonah