Re: example of DEJATOOL being a list of names

From: Richard Dawe
Subject: Re: example of DEJATOOL being a list of names
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 18:39:04 +0100

Hello.

Jonah Graham wrote:
> Does anyone have an example of how to get DEJATOOL to be a list of names.
> In particular I am trying to do what is discussed in this message:
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/bug-automake/2000/msg00116.html
>
> When I try setting DEJATOOL to multiple names, the resulting Makefile looks
> correct (it loops over the list) but a site.exp is still generated from
> this line in Makefile.in:
>         @echo 'set tool $(DEJATOOL)' >>site.tmp
> with this in the site.exp file
>         set tool proga progb
>

> When I try make check I get "WARNING: could not find `runtest'". If I try
> just running runtest --version I get this:
>
> ERROR: tcl error sourcing /cygdrive/q/experiments/build/site.exp.
> wrong # args: should be "set varName ?newValue?"
>     while compiling
> "set tool proga progb"
[snip]

That's not valid TCL, because set only takes two arguments. The following are
valid:

    set tool "proga progb"
    set tool [list proga progb]

Try hacking site.exp to one of those, just to check that it works. I have no
idea about DejaGNU, so it might not.

Regards,

--
Richard Dawe [ http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/ ]