Any tips for how do Makefile.am if LOTS of source files???

From: cs
Subject: Any tips for how do Makefile.am if LOTS of source files???
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:19:41 -0700 (MST)

I am a beginner to Autotools.  I just successfully
used it for toy programs and am happy with it so far.

What if I wanted to use it for *real* work on a project
with say 200 source code files???

I am especially thinking of this Makefile.am line:

myprogram_SOURCES = myprogram.c myprogram.h myfunction.c ..etc.

Must I tediously list all 200 files on this line one by one??
Am I even allowed to have such a huge line in Linux???

Is this what the pros do? Is there an easier way?

Thanks,

Chris

Dr. Christian Seberino
Gnumatica Scientific Software