Makefileless AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Makefileless AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 09:09:23 +0200

I discovered a nice property of AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR and (CVS) Automake:
you can use the Autoconf macro, and not provide a Makefile.am for this
directory.  The content is properly shipped, everything works fine,
and you saved one AC_CONFIG_FILES, one Makefile.am, one SUBDIRS.

I don't know if this is will be preserved, but I would suggest that
the decision to support or not to support this feature be specified.
If positive, then let's document, if not, let's add a warning
somewhere.