Re: building/installing Python modules?

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: building/installing Python modules?
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 18:24:17 +0200

 roth> ==> "sm" == Skip Montanaro <address@hidden> writes:
> [...]
 sm> ...

 sm> Would you be willing to share your auto*/libtool/python mods
 sm> with the intention of getting this capability added to the
 sm> relevant distributions?

 roth> I'll have to see what I can export easily.  The autoconf macro I use
 roth> for python support is probably a good candidate for peer review
 roth> (certainly to compare it to other implementations like omniOrb's
 roth> etc.).  The Python libtool importer is fairly separable.  I'm
 roth> reluctant to reveal my SWIG builder, because it's a Makefile.in
 roth> editor and it's an awful hack.

Hi!

Sorry for doing such a late follow-up.  I found your mail while
googling for a way to import a non-installed libtool library.
Is your libtool importer available somewhere?  I'd have a use
for it :)

Thanks,
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz