SUFFIXES does not work?

From: Jose Roman Bilbao
Subject: SUFFIXES does not work?
Date: 16 Jun 2003 15:26:25 +0200

Hi all,

I have a little problem using automake as I can not make it accept a
different suffix like .moc. I have written this automake.am:

lib_LTLIBRARIES = libXmippGraphics.la

libXmippGraphics_la_SOURCES = Src/showTools.cc      showTools.moc \
        Src/show2D.cc         show2D.moc \
        Src/showTable.cc      showTable.moc \
        Src/showSel.cc        showSel.moc \
        Src/showVol.cc        showVol.moc \
        Src/showSpectra.cc    showSpectra.moc \
        Src/showSOM.cc        showSOM.moc \
        Src/showSpectraSOM.cc showSpectraSOM.moc

INCLUDES = -I$(top_srcdir)/Lib @QT_CXXFLAGS@
LIBADD = @QT_LIBS@

SUFFIXES = .moc

.moc:
        @echo "Generating MOC for" $*.hh "..."
        @@QT_MOC@ -o $*_moc.cc $*.hh
        @make $*_moc.o @QT_CXXFLAGS@ @QT_LIBS@
        @mv $*_moc.o $*.moc
        @rm $*_moc.cc

It gives no problems when running autoconf, automake and others.... but
when compiling it seems not to generate anything related to .moc files.
Can you help me trying to find out the problem?

Thanks