Re: 2 questions about libraries

From: Assar Westerlund
Subject: Re: 2 questions about libraries
Date: 17 Jun 2003 15:26:46 -0400

Jose Roman Bilbao <address@hidden> writes:
> 1st: I have a multiple subdirectories project. One of those directories
> stores again multiple subdirectories. In each of them a librtary
> (shared) is built and stored in .lib (local) directory. Te thing is that
> I would like all my libraries to be built in the same global directory,
> lets say ($ROOT_FOR_M_PROG)/libs. How can I do that?.

The automake-generated makefiles build the libraries in the directory
of the corresponding Makefile.am.

If you have:

root
  lib
    lib1
    lib2

And you want the libraries to be built in root, you should define them
in root/Makefile.am:

lib_LTLIBRARIES = libone.la libtwo.la

libone_la_SOURCES = lib/lib1/foo.c ...
libtwo_la_SOURCES = lib/lib2/bar.c ...