Re: Removing MAKE = make setting

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: Removing MAKE = make setting
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:49:17 +0200

Paul D. Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
: Hi all;
:
: The makefiles generated by automake always contain this line:
:
:   MAKE = make
:
: Well, this is a bummer for my use of automake (which is to build GNU
: make itself); this line causes all sorts of problems.
:
:
: Is there any way to keep automake from generating this line, or any way
: to work around this anyone can think of?

I recently had to tweak that line in another project.  Since it's just an
AC_SUBST, all I had to do was to put this in configure.ac:

SET_MAKE="<desired value>"

  Lars J