delete aclocal.m4? keep generated files on cvs server? enforce specefic

From: Bjarke Freund-Hansen
Subject: delete aclocal.m4? keep generated files on cvs server? enforce specefic automake/conf version?
Date: 28 Jul 2003 21:57:04 +0200

I'm new at developing on POSIX systems, so I have a few questions (as
the subject might indicate ;))

Should I include aclocal.m4 in MAINTAINERCLEANFILES, and regenerate it
every time i regenerate the built files? (runs autogen.sh)

Is it advisable to keep the generated configure and friends on the cvs
server, or should I run make maintainer-clean before I commit/import?

And last, but not least. ;) How is the proper way to enforce specific
automake/autoconf versions in the autogen.sh script?

I know some of the questions does apply to autoconf too, but I thought
it was most appropriate to ask here, please advice if not.

Thanks in advance.

--
Bjarke Freund-Hansen <address@hidden>