Re: automake and shared libraries

From: Mattias Brändström
Subject: Re: automake and shared libraries
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:34:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Alexandre Duret-Lutz wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 01:16:53PM +0200, Mattias Br?ndstr?m wrote:
> [...]
> > automake: src/rkcone/common/Makefile.am: object `Exception.lo' created
> > both with libtool and without
> [...]
> > I suspect there is an obvious solution to this that I am missing. Can
> > someone set a library building newbie on the right path here? =)
> [...]
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/automake/2002-08/msg00128.html

Unfortunateley I still fail to see how I can avoid the above problem.
Building a convenience library would seem to solve the problem, but if I
do that I am at the same place that I started this thread. Doing :

   librkcone_LDADD = common/libcommon.a

is for some reason not a portable thing to do? Is there any other library
type I can build and the use to make a libcommon.a and libcommon.la?

Maybe someone could provide me with an example based on the Makefile.am
that I mailed to this thread earlier?

:.:: mattias