How can i put the .o files in a seperate directory than the sourcefiles?

From: Corn Hulio
Subject: How can i put the .o files in a seperate directory than the sourcefiles?
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 01:22:29 +0200

Hello,

I ran into the following problem and couldn't find a solution to it on the net.

Basically i setup automake for use with my project and it works fine so far. For except one annoying thing. When i actually "make" it, the object files (.o) and library files get placed in the same direcotry where their makefile.am is in. That looks rather ugly. What I want is that all my .o and .a (libraries) are put into a directory called "@top_srcdir@/_out" ("@top_srcdir@/libs" respectively). How can I achieve that with automake? small example:

lib_LIBRARIES=libSomeLib.a
address@hidden@/_out/
address@hidden@/libs/

Are there similar commands like the pseudo-ones I posted above or is there another solution to this problem?

Thanx for help.