Re: RFC: Building a Shared Library (take 2)

From: Sander Niemeijer
Subject: Re: RFC: Building a Shared Library (take 2)
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 10:31:53 +0200

FYI: It is indeed possible to have libtool create static libraries even when you provided --enable-shared and --disable-static to ./configure. This happens for instance if you use options like:
----
libfoo_la_CFLAGS = -static
libfoo_la_LDFLAGS = -static
----

Regards,
Sander Niemeijer

On vrijdag, aug 1, 2003, at 08:02 Europe/Amsterdam, Tim Van Holder wrote:

"Tim" == Tim Van Holder <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

 Tim> It currently isn't; --enable-shared --disable-static
still builds
 Tim> static libraries.  There's a thread on the libtool
mailing list about
 Tim> this; seems some people want this behaviour changed.

Are you sure?? AFAICT --disable-static correctly disables the
building of static libraries for the whole package (I'm using it
every day).

Hmm - I'm reasonably certain that I saw that behaviour recently
on an AIX - but I could be wrong.  Just ignore my comments then :-)