AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR + AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS (Was: Re: (no subject))

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR + AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS (Was: Re: (no subject))
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 23:20:09 +0200

>>> "Ralf" == Ralf Corsepius <address@hidden> writes:

 Ralf> AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR however can be shared between several
 Ralf> configure.acs (AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS).

Do you do this?  I wouldn't expect `make dist' to work in subdir
projects configured this way.

So far, my impression is that the only way to allow subdir `make
dist' is to duplicate the aux files in all subprojects.  (This
also means adding AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR(.) to projects not already
using AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR.)

This of course assumes that one wants to allow `make dist' in
sub projects, which I guess is not always true.  Yet if anyone
has some experience to share on this topic I'm interested.
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz