Re: Help - I'm going mad!!! /bin/bash: --gnu: command not found

From: Russell Shaw
Subject: Re: Help - I'm going mad!!! /bin/bash: --gnu: command not found
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 20:22:27 +1000

Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
Can anyone throw any light on the situation below? I'm just about fed up
trying all manner of things to build a configure.ac that generates no
error messages from autoreconf, configure or make.
'autoreconf' runs without any errors and generates a configure script.
The configure script created by autoreconf seems okay and runs properly.
However, after running GNU make, I get the error message:

make[1]: Entering directory `/export/home/davek/atlc/src'
   --gnu  src/Makefile
/bin/bash: --gnu: command not found

Did you write that script? I found the easiest way to find
problems is to comment out everything but the bare minimum
that still runs. Then uncomment sections and re-run until
the error appears. Things like makefiles and build-tools
have always been developer hostile.