Re: how to change the behaviour of "make check"?

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: how to change the behaviour of "make check"?
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 17:04:15 -0400

   Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:07:17 -0600 (MDT)
   From: Ireneusz SZCZESNIAK <address@hidden>

   Yeah!  But still I want the output of "make check" to be clean.  When
   a test fails, then I expect to see: "FAIL: test.sh".

in this case the only thing i can suggest is to post-process the
Makefile to change the "check-TESTS" target near the end to not check
for failures.  you might offend purists, but anyway, this can be done
like so:

 ./configure
 cp Makefile TMP
 grep -v "^[    ]*test ...failed. -eq 0" TMP > Makefile
 rm TMP
 make

note that there is both an embedded tab and a space between the square
braces.  the cp-grep-rm sequence can actually be done by the configure
script itself w/ some AC_CONFIG_COMMANDS construct.  then the only thing
you would have to worry about is future automake breaking the regexp (it
seems unlikely but you never know when GNU hackers are involved ;-).

thi