Re: how to change the behaviour of "make check"?

From: Ireneusz SZCZESNIAK
Subject: Re: how to change the behaviour of "make check"?
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:30:10 -0600 (MDT)

Hi,

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Raja R Harinath wrote:

> That seems a roundabout way to do it.  Just copy the check-TESTS
> rule into your Makefile.am file, and automake won't generate its
> internal rule.  You can customize your local copy of check-TESTS to
> your heart's content.

Yes!  This works finally the way I want.  Thank you so much!

Many thanks to all of you who responded - you all helped me a lot.

I believe it would be a useful extension of Automake to support three
kinds of test suites:

- one that stops right after the first test fails,

- one that executes all tests in the working directory, but which
  stops right in this directory if some test failed (the way Automake
  works now),

- one that executes all tests, no matter that some tests failed.

Don't you think this would be useful?  Some other ideas?

Thanks & best,
Irek