Re: automake-1.7.7 and AM_CFLAGS/CFLAGS

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: automake-1.7.7 and AM_CFLAGS/CFLAGS
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:00:42 +0200

>>> "Harlan" == Harlan Stenn <address@hidden> writes:

 Harlan> I'm trying hard to keep the warnings, as I want the
 Harlan> developers to write cleaner code...

Ah, sorry.

Then it's probably better not to append anything to CFLAGS from
./configure.  Put all your extra flags in SOFTW_CFLAGS or
KMOD_CFLAGS, AC_SUBST these, and define `AM_CFLAGS =
$(SOFTW_CFLAGS)' or `AM_CFLAGS = $(KMOD_CFLAGS)' in each
Makefile.

Note that if you use per-target _CFLAGS, you will also have to
append $(AM_CFLAGS) to each such variables.

Probably only of these translation can be automated so you
don't hand-edit your 100+ Makefiles.
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz