many warnings and errors ...

From: Alexander Carôt
Subject: many warnings and errors ...
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 18:35:52 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

I get lot of warnings and errors I can´t handle when installing an
application that runs ok with rh 7 - now it´s rh 9 and these problems appear :

processing .
Running libtoolize...
You should update your `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.
Running aclocal  ...
Running autoheader...
WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.

WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
WARNING: `acconfig.h':

WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])

WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
WARNING: documentation.
aclocal.m4:1380: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion
autoconf/functions.m4:1277: AM_FUNC_OBSTACK is expanded from...
aclocal.m4:1380: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
autoheader: /usr/bin/autom4te failed with exit status: 1
Running automake --gnu  ...
Makefile.am: installing `./INSTALL'
Makefile.am: required file `./NEWS' not found
Makefile.am: required file `./README' not found
Makefile.am: installing `./COPYING'
Makefile.am: required file `./AUTHORS' not found
Running autoconf ...
aclocal.m4:1380: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion
autoconf/functions.m4:1277: AM_FUNC_OBSTACK is expanded from...
aclocal.m4:1380: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
Running ./configure ...

Can anyone help ?

Thanks a lot

-- A l e x