Re: Default source file names

From: Kevin P. Fleming
Subject: Re: Default source file names
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 11:02:04 -0700

Gary V. Vaughan wrote:

with the simpler:

~    pkglibexec_LTLIBRARIES = gnu.la  ..... traditional.la
~    AM_LDFLAGS = -module

but unfortunately Automake wants to build `gnu.la' from `gnu.la.c', so the
repetitive sources declarations are necessary, unless I rename all my source
files.

This would help me out too, I thought of the same thing. The problem though is that a library is a collection of objects, it's not really a single object (even though we're both using them that way).