AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE comes from an older version of automake

From: Piyush Kumar Garg
Subject: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE comes from an older version of automake
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:16:58 +0530 (IST)

Hi,
        I get the following error during installation of a network
management software gxsnmp.

configure.in:12: your implementation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE comes from an
configure.in:12: old Automake version.  You should recreate aclocal.m4
configure.in:12: with aclocal and run automake again.

I am using RHL8.0. I also tried upgrading automake to 1.7.9 and
autoconf to 2.57. It doesn't work. It will be helpful, if someone can
provide pointers on this. Same package is known to be installed on RHL 7.0
system .