Re: Current versions of automake and autoconf

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Current versions of automake and autoconf
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 12:03:35 +0100

 > Anyway, back to Dalibor's question:

 >   2.57 is the last version announced to address@hidden
 >   2.58 is the last version available on ftp.gnu.org
 >   2.59 is the last version (pre-)announced to address@hidden

 > Which one is to be considered the last official release?  I
 > understand it's not 2.59; and you disgraced 2.58 in another
 > mail.  Next Automake needs at least 2.58, but if this is not an
 > official release we have to wait.

I'd like to see 2.59 uploaded asap.  Consider they are all official
releases now.  But I meant to avoid advertising 2.58 too much since it
has flaws that make it troublesome with Automake 1.8, while 2.59 is
OK.

But the release process at GNU has changed again, and I'm stuck with
my tarballs on my site.  I don't have enough time to learn yet another
uploading scheme, and I don't know whether Paul could make progress.

Other than that, 2.59 was released.  I'm just waiting for ftp.gnu.org
before sending the announcement to all the list, especially info-gnu.