Deciding wether dynamic or static

From: JRBCAST
Subject: Deciding wether dynamic or static
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 12:41:54 +0100

Hi all,

I am facing a little trouble. I have a library which I am turning
GNUcompliant. It consists on some libraries and many executables.
Librariesget built OK but some programs that use external libraries
don't. Thisis because some of those libraries are only built in a Shared
way sostatic linking is not possible.

The question is, Can I, in some way, determine if I will be able tobuild
a program in a static and/or dynamic way during compilation time?Is it
compulsory instead, to do it in configuring time? How is it done?Can you
point me to some documentation about the issue?.Thanks very much.