Re: Automake 1.7h uploaded (fourth beta for Automake 1.8)

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Automake 1.7h uploaded (fourth beta for Automake 1.8)
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 19:02:57 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Alexandre Duret-Lutz wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> Due to two last minute new features, we have yet another weekly beta
> of Automake 1.8.  I sincerely hope this is the last one.  If you are
> not blas?, or if you have not had the occasion to test previous
> versions, please give this one a try.

GNU Midnight Commander is OK, just tested it.

One little nitpick.  Either the message about underquoted macros in
aclocal should cause aclocal to fail, or there should be a word "WARNING"
in the message.  I actually mistook this message for the reason why
autogen.sh failed (the reason was unrelated to Automake).  I mean this
code in aclocal.in:

       print STDERR "$file:$.: underquoted definition of $2\n";
       print STDERR "$file:$.: run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'\n"
         . "or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/";
         . "automake.html#Extending%20aclocal\n"

By the way, wouldn't the "warn" function in Perl more appropriate?  It's
used elsewhere in aclocal.in.  It doesn't add "WARNING" though.

I also hope 1.8 will be released soon.  I cannot wait for m4_include
support.  Many thanks to the Automake team.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin