Re: Help Requests

From: J. Scott Amort
Subject: Re: Help Requests
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 12:19:29 -0800

Thanks for the response!

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 08:05, Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:
> i see from the previous post that you use a "manual VPATH" methodology.
> there are two approaches you can try:
>
> 1/ undo the unorthodoxy (move auto* files to top-level dir)
> 2/ prefix relative paths (such as "../../") w/ $(srcdir)

I gave #2 a try, and it didn't change the output of make dist.  However,
moving everything into the top-level dir (#1) did solve the problem.
Unfortunately, I don't currently have any control over the directory
structure (the motivation behind the attempt is to keep platform
specific items, i.e. *nix makefiles, VC++ 6 project files, etc. in
subdirectories away from the source files).  I'll speak to the powers
that be and see about getting this changed.  Thanks again.

> wrt turn-around-time for responses, you can probably expect to find a huge
> variance even among the same people.  e.g., sometimes i don't respond to mail
> for months or years...

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind.

Best Regards,

Scott